How To Write A KICKASS Article
Having trouble writing articles? Looking for some tips on how you can dramatically improve your writing? Well keep on reading because today I will be teaching you how to write a kickass article!
As someone who owns a content creation service you can bet that I see TONS of different writing styles. All though I say ‘different’ the truth is that 95% of article writers are the SAME, this statement stands true even for people (not just article writers).
So as a recruiter what I look for is the other 5%, the ones who are unique, creative and fresh. As you can imagine of course, over the months and months that I’ve been interviewing writers I’ve gotten a pretty good sense of what makes an enjoyable article to read.
And if you’re one of those people who thinks that ‘content is content’ you’re wrong. Content is the life line of any blog, website or page. It’s what will retain your visitors and in most cases what brings them there in the first place.
A lot of people think they can get away with half assing the content they put up on their site, and the truth? Yeah they absolutely can, but no matter how you look at it having good content on your site WILL increase your conversions.
Which should be pretty self explanatory.
Why Provide Quality Content?
When you provide people with quality content two things in particular happen, the first is that the reader should be satisfied (because you’ve quenched their thirst for information). Secondly, they’ll trust you, because you are after all, the authority on the subject.
So without a doubt writing quality content is ALWAYS going to be better than some badly written jibber jabber, but the question still stands – what makes good content?
To keep things simple I’ll just briefly outline some of the factors which go into a good article and explain how you can achieve them. You can expect full article on each one of these aspects because they all play an integral part in making your article push, pull and sell.
What You Must Have.
1. Your article MUST have a good title – this means keyword rich and appealing to your prospects because don’t forget that you ARE trying to get people to click.
2. Formatting! Don’t just make one big block of text, add headings, subheadings, lists, bullet points to help get your point across. Think of it like this, formatting is making your article look as good as it is.
3. Know what you’re writing about. Provide quality content, do the research beforehand if you have absolutely no clue. Also don’t hesitate to provide your BEST content, this will only strengthen the relationship between you and prospect and push them to buy even more.
4. Stay on track and to the point, don’t dwell too far from the topic. Keep your articles real – that means NO filler. People don’t like to waste their time and you shouldn’t waste yours either!
5. White space. This is a big one, it’s part of formatting but deserves mention all on it’s own. DON’T have long paragraphs, 2-3 sentences per point MAX. The more white space people see, the more calming and relaxing it is to read (proven).
There are a TON of other points to consider but science has proven that the most people can ingest at once is 3 points, I’ve given you 5, hopefully you’re not making all these mistakes but pick at least 3 and write an article right now implementing them.
Keep On Writing!
Remember that it takes practice to write a good article. It will take some time before you find your ‘voice’ but once you do you’ll start writing faster, better and more naturally. So keep writing (at least once a day) and use these techniques (where applicable).
Hopefully this helps you guys grasp the general idea of how to write an article, make sure you check out our other posts which dive further down into article writing, marketing and syndication. Take care!
- Affiliate Marketing for Extra Income
- Who will you write for the reader or the search engines
- Blogging Idol Week one